ARK: The Animated Series Trailer & ARK: The Survival of the Fittest & spin-off.
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: REVERB COMMUNCIATIONS
If you would like to donate & support the 5D Pop Culture website & keep informed of more features like this as well as some additional treats for supporters only – go here: https://ko-fi.com/5dpopculturewebsite
SEATTLE, WA – DECEMBER 23, 2022 – Today Studio Wildcard is continuing its ARK franchise expansion, giving the first in-depth look at Season One of ARK: The Animated Series and launching ARK: The Survival of the Fittest, a dinosaur battle royale spin-off of its hit video game.
Featuring an unparalleled voice cast with the talents of Michelle Yeoh (Everything Everywhere All At Once), Gerard Butler (300), Russell Crowe (Gladiator), and Executive Produced by Vin Diesel (Fast Franchise), ARK: The Animated Series is an adaptation of the hit video game. In a sweeping story that spans eons of human & world history, 21st century paleontologist Helena Walker finds herself resurrected on a mysterious primeval land after tragedy. There she must learn to survive and find new allies, or die again at the hands of ruthless warlords — all while trying to uncover the true nature of their strange new world. ARK: The Animated Series will release on a to-be-announced platform in 2023. Join us then for an ageless adventure beyond life & death itself!
ARK: The Animated Series voice talent and character descriptions, in alphabetical order:
- Dee Bradley Baker vocalizes many of the ARK’s furry and scaly creature friends.
- Monica Bellucci plays Cassia Virila, a strong-willed Roman noblewoman during the Augustan Empire.
- Gerard Butler plays General Gaius Marcellus Nerva, a brutal ancient Roman despot.
- Devery Jacobs plays Alasie, a peppy 17th century Inuit teenager, now finding her place on the ARK.
- Cissy Jones plays The Gladiatrix, a formidable commander in Nerva’s army.
- Madeleine Madden plays 21st century Australian paleontologist Helena Walker, newly awoken on the ARK.
- Deborah Mailman plays Deborah Walker, a 21st century Aboriginal Australian activist, and mother to Helena Walker.
- Zahn McClarnon plays Thunder Comes Charging, a 19th century Lakota warrior who leads a thriving community on the ARK.
- Malcolm McDowell plays Senator Lucius Cassius Virilis, a manipulative aristocrat during the reign of Caesar Augustus.
- Juliet Mills plays Chava, a wise healer and village council member.
- Elliot Page plays Victoria Walker, an idealistic humanitarian aid worker, and wife of Helena Walker.
- Ragga Ragnars plays Queen Sigrid, a bellicose 10th century Viking warlord.
- David Tennant plays Sir Edmund Rockwell, an egocentric 19th century scientist harboring dark ambitions.
- Alan Tudyk plays The Captain, a crusty buccaneer who profitably sails the dangerous waters around the ARK.
- Karl Urban plays Bob, a recent square-jawed ARK arrival.
- Jeffrey Wright plays Henry Townsend, an 18th century American watchmaker and Patriot spy.
- Michelle Yeoh plays Meiyin Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader, known on the ARK by her reputation as the formidable “Beast Queen.”
- Ron Yuan plays Han Li, a 3rd century Chinese rebel leader and brother to Meiyin.
- With Russell Crowe playing Kor the Prophet, an eccentric ‘dino-whisperer’ hailing from a time before recorded history.
- And Vin Diesel playing 24th century ‘Mek’-pilot, gearhead, & freedom-fighter Santiago.
Jay Oliva (Batman: The Dark Knight Returns, Justice League: The Flashpoint Paradox) has taken on the role of Executive Producer, Director, and Co-Showrunner, alongside ARK franchise creators Jeremy Stieglitz and Jesse Rapczak, with the series being produced at Glendale-based Lex+Otis animation studio, and written by Marguerite Bennett and Kendall Deacon Davis.
COMPETITION RE-EVOLVED – ARK: THE SURVIVAL OF THE FITTEST NOW AVAILABLE ON STEAM
It’s the ultimate Jurassic free-for-all to see who will be the last survivor – and dinosaur – standing with ARK: The Survival of the Fittest! This spin-off of ARK: Survival Evolved pits up to 60 combatants against each other in a fast-paced, action-packed struggle for survival, where players are ultimately pushed into an epic final showdown leading their Dinosaur Armies into battle. ARK: The Survival Of The Fittest, which is now released as a prototype available for players to try out, revives the competitive online survival arena ARK experience on PC (Steam) with a significant number of technical/quality of life/balance changes to make it more approachable for all players. A cross-play console release is planned for 2023.
Originally beta-launched in 2016, ARK: The Survival Of The Fittest is the only battle royale focused on large-scale creature-army confrontations, combined with a Real Time Strategy (RTS) overlay, for unique experiences in every match. Survivors will assemble dinosaur armies and duke it out in epic dino-battles until one tribe is left standing victorious.
If you would like to donate to help this website, you can support us here: https://ko-fi.com/5dpopculturewebsite