Celebrate MAD Magazine’s 70th Anniversary October 4th
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: WARNER BROS
MAD Magazine, one of the longest-running humor publications in America, is celebrating its 70th anniversary with a can’t-miss issue!
Nearly one-half of this 56-page anniversary celebration issue (issue #28) features original content, the most since the publication’s format change in 2019. Not only are current MAD staffers creating and contributing new content, but some of the original and most beloved members of “The Usual Gang of Idiots” are returning with new features, plus original contributions from celebrity MAD Magazine fans “Weird Al” Yankovic and filmmaker/comedian Jordan Peele.
Features for this issue include:
- A new wraparound cover by Mark Fredrickson
- An original MAD feature from “Weird Al” Yankovic celebrating longtime MAD contributor and originator of the MAD Fold-In Al Jaffee, with art by Ed Steckley
- A tribute to MAD Magazine from acclaimed filmmaker and comedian Jordan Peele, featuring the parody MAD cover used in his hit movie NOPE
- “The Bathroom,” a MAD movie parody of The Batman, by longtime MAD contributors Desmond Devlin and Tom Richmond
- A special two-page MAD Fold-In by Johnny Sampson that folds in on itself!
- A new “Another Look at MAD” by maestro Sergio Aragonés
- A “MAD-gical” history tour with Dick DeBartolo, MAD’s longest-contributing writer
- An illustrated look at the classic MAD employee cruise to Bermuda by former MAD EIC John Ficarra and art director Sam Viviano
Remember, this special anniversary issue is only available at participating comic book and Barnes & Noble stores, or by subscription. Check out www.madmagazine.com for more details, the latest stories, and how to subscribe, and be sure to follow @MADmagazine on social media.
Keep in touch with the 5D Pop Culture Website
If you’d like to receive notifications of other groovy articles such as this then we’d be honoured if you would subscribe (For Free) to the website…..just go to the home page and do that thing in the ‘Subscribe to keep up to date with 5D’ section!
The 5D Pop Culture Website is on the press contacts list of numerous and eclectic outlets that thrill our geeky interests…..which means plenty of updates – some of which may even be up to date!
If you, loved, disliked, agreed, disagreed with this feature, well we always love to hear from the foolhardy souls who read articles on the website and/or listen to the podcast so feel free to send any views, comments, questions, criticisms (hopefully not, but if so…..well, bring them on 💪). Likewise, any outright public proclamations of love and adoration are always welcome in the comments sections in any website articles or directly via the ‘contact us’ section here on the 5D Pop Culture website.