Webb Media Day Taking Place Today…. & 5D Will Be There Virtually
PRESS RELEASE SOURCE: NASA
Wednesday, June 29
Media Day at Webb’s Mission Operations Center
NASA will host a media day at the Space Telescope Science Institute (STScI) on Wednesday, June 29. The event will begin with a media briefing at 10 a.m. (Eastern U.S time) on the status of Webb’s commissioning as well as overviews of planned science for Webb’s first year of operations and Webb image processing.
The agency will livestream audio of the briefing on its website, or at the link below.
- NASA Administrator Bill Nelson
- NASA Deputy Administrator Pam Melroy
- Thomas Zurbuchen, associate administrator for NASA’s Science Mission Directorate
- Science panel:
- Eric Smith, Webb program scientist and Astrophysics Division chief scientist, NASA Headquarters
- Klaus Pontoppidan, Webb project scientist, Space Telescope Science Institute
- Susan Mullally, Webb deputy project scientist, Space Telescope Science Institute
- Jonathan Gardner, Webb deputy senior project scientist, NASA Goddard
- Commissioning and observatory panel:
- Bill Ochs, Webb project manager, NASA Goddard
- Lee Feinberg, Webb optical telescope element manager, NASA Goddard
- Mike Menzel, Webb lead mission systems engineer, NASA Goddard
- Charlie Atkinson, Webb chief engineer, Northrop Grumman
Keep in touch with the 5D Pop Culture Website
If you’d like to receive notifications of other groovy articles such as this then we’d be honoured if you would subscribe (For Free) to the website…..just go to the home page and do that thing in the ‘Subscribe to keep up to date with 5D’ section! The 5D Pop Culture Website is on the press contacts list of numerous and eclectic outlets that thrill our geeky interests…..which means plenty of updates – some of which may even be up to date!
If you, loved, disliked, agreed, disagreed with this feature, well we always love to hear from the foolhardy souls who read articles on the website and/or listen to the podcast so feel free to send any views, comments, questions, criticisms (hopefully not, but if so…..well, bring them on 💪). Likewise, any outright public proclamations of love and adoration are always welcome in the comments sections in any website articles or directly via the ‘contact us’ section here on the 5D Pop Culture website.